Monday, April 28, 2008

time for some brain activity!

Today, i had a instumental lesson during my science class. I was more than happy to get out. This wasnt just an ordinary lesson though, instead of playing the clarinet, i was going to have to learn how to play the violin. Luckily, my 2 friends, timea and kat(who both play violin) was going to be there to help me. So, we learn how to hold the bow and the instrument itsself. Then the teacher starts shouting all these directions at us and before i knew it, we had to play twinkle twinkle little star. I was terrified! I hadent even gotten the notes down yet or my fingers in the right spot! Lets just say, that i didint have a lot of luck with the violin. When i got home, before doing my homework, i decide to get my moms old guitar out. I had wanted to learn how to play guitar for a very long time, i just didint have anyone to show me how. I remember my friend had said that if you can play the violin, then you can play the guitar, most of the notes are the same. So, i decided to give it a shot. I started out with twinkle twinkle.......and it worked!!! It actually sounded better on the guitar than the violin! ONce i had gotten used to where the notes are, i started experimenting. After that, i learned the gay barney song( the i love you one...yeah everyone knows that). And then, one of my favorite songs, Your Guardian Angel by the red jumpsuit apparatus. Of course i only got the meledy, i didnt know how to get the choards yet. BUt being able to make music like this gave my a whole new appreciation for different instruments, other than woodwinds. NOw hopefully, i will progress on learning the guitar.

1 comment:

PrincessPi said...

Listen, Monkey, playing the guitar is nothing like playing the violin. Try curving your hands into claws to try to get out chords. Ooh, and don't knock the Barney song...you used to LOVE that song. You used to sing it ALL the TIME. You LOVED Barney. LOVED, I tell you. It's nothing to be ashamed of; I'm not ashamed that I used to watch Fraggle Rock. Either way, rock on, homey.